Bookcases Complete!10:29 AM
The bookcases are trimmed out and painted! I am so happy to have them done. It literally took all week to finish, but I am very happy with the results. Check them out!
If you remember, I removed the existing trim. This was so that I could add the floor-to-crown trim pieces to cover the spacing between each unit.
The 'fancy plans' included adding new trim and re-using the 1x2 pieces for each shelf.
I ended up cutting around a 1/2 inch off of each piece. This is when I remembered why I didn't want to remove the existing trim. So time consuming. I also had to sand down the edges where I had originally glued the trim on.
However, thanks to some borrowed Big Guns...
the new trim went on pretty quickly!
I painted it out in the french grey that was already on the bookcases, although I am thinking of going to a lighter shade. But for now, I really like the results. Next up, styling the shelves.